The Strategy for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2030
In October 1997 the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan in his Address to the people of the country «Prosperity, security and ever growing welfare of all the Kazakhstanis» presented the Strategy for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2030. The “Kazakhstan-2030” Strategy outlined a long-term way of development of the sovereign republic, directed at transforming the country into one of the safest, most stable, ecologically sustained states of the world with a dynamically developing economy.
The “Kazakhstan-2030” Strategy for development provides implementation of seven long-term priorities:
- National security.
- Domestic political stability and consolidation of the society.
- Economic growth based on an open market economy with high level of foreign investments and internal savings.
- Health, education and well-being of kazakhstani citizens.
- Power resources.
- Infrastructure, more particularly transport and communication.
- Professional state.
These priorities served as a basis for building country’s development plans for medium-term and long-term periods. The Strategic plan for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2010, approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan in December, 2001 became the first long-term stage of implementation of the “Kazakhstan-2030” Strategy. The next stage of implementation of the “Kazakhstan-2030” Strategy is the Strategic plan for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2020.
The strategic plan for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2020
The strategic plan for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2020, has been approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 922 dated February 1, 2010.
The period of developing the Strategic plan 2020 concurred with the beginning of the most serious global financial and economic crisis in the history of the mankind for the last seventy years. As a result the emphasis of the Strategic plan 2020 was made on implementation of measures, directed at increase of the national economy’s stability in relation to negative consequences of world or regional crises.
During the next decade five key directions will be the priority in the state’s activity:
- preparation for postcrisis development;
- provision of the economy’s sustained growth by way of accelerated diversification through industrialisation and infrastructure development;
- Investments into the future – increase of human capital’s competitiveness for the achievement of sustained economic growth, prosperity and social well-being of kazakhstani’s;
- provision of the population with qualitative social and housing and communal services;
- strengthening of the international consent, safety, stability of the international relations.
- strengthening interethnic consent, security, stability of international relations.
As a result of implementation of the Strategic plan 2020 Kazakhstan should achieve the following key indicators:
- In 2020 Kazakhstan will become a country that came out of the world crisis stronger and more competitive, with diversified economy and population actively involved in new economy.
- By 2020 Kazakhstan will already be among fifty most competitive countries of the world with a favorable business climate that allows attraction of considerable foreign investments in the country economy’s non-primary sectors.
- By 2020 the country will possess human resources necessary for development of diversified economy, and also possess infrastructure necessary for serving domestic businessmen and exporters.
- By 2020 the Kazakhstani economy will increase in real terms by more than one third in relation to 2009 level.
- By 2020 the share of population with incomes below living wage will decrease to 8 %.
The main achievement of implementation of the Strategic plan 2020 should be a substantial increase of well-being of the country’s citizens as a result of consecutive diversification and qualitative improvement of Kazakhstan’s economic growth structure.